Welcome to citizenkerala.com!
Last updated on May 16, 2021
- Definition of Personal Information
- Personal Information We Collect
- How We Use Personal Information
- Do We Use “Cookies”?
- Third Party Links
- Accessing, Correcting or Deleting Your Personal Information
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information
- Children’s On-Line Privacy Information
- Contact Us
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION AND PERSONAL DATA DEFINITION
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Personal Information You Provide to Us
In using our Websites or Services, you may provide us with Personal Information, which may include (the examples provided are illustrative and not intended to be exhaustive):
- Contact information such as name, email address, postal address and telephone number(s);
- Other information such as year of birth or gender;
- Communications and opinions in chat rooms, message boards, forums, surveys, polls, and online forms;
- Personal Information We May Automatically Collect About You
Our Websites and Services may automatically collect certain Personal Information about you. This Personal Information may include (the examples provided are illustrative and not intended to be exhaustive):
- IP address, which is the number associated with the service through which you access the Internet, such as through your ISP (Internet service provider);
- Date and time of your visit or use of our Websites or Services;
- Domain server from which you are using our Websites or Services;
- Type of computer, web browsers, search engine used, operating system, or platform you use;
- Your movement and activity within the website, which is aggregated with other Personal information;
- Geo-location information through the use of any of our mobile applications;
- Mobile device information, including the type of device you use, operating system version, and the device identifier (or “UDID”); and
- Mobile application identification and behaviour, use, and aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from.
- Personal Information We May Receive from Third Parties
- We may collect additional Personal Information about you from third-party websites, social media platforms, such as, but not limited, to WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SnapChat (“Social Media Platforms”), third party data providers, and sources providing publicly-available Personal information (e.g., from the U.S. postal service) for the purposes described in Section 3 below.
- Please keep in mind that when you provide Personal Information to us on a third-party website or platform (for example, via our applications), the Personal Information you provide may be separately collected by the third-party website or the Social Media Platform. Please review the privacy policies of the applicable third-party website or Social Media Platform for their privacy practices.
3. HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Use and Purpose of Processing Your Personal Information
We use and process your Personal Information for the following types of purposes (the examples provided are illustrative and not intended to be exhaustive).
- To provide you with the Websites and Services, and related promotions, newsletters and information you request
- To respond to your inquiries and provide you with requested information and other communications, including by email, chat or text messages, and including alerts, notification of promotions, contests, and events.
- To maintain, improve, customize, or administer the Websites and Services, perform business analyses, or other internal purposes to improve the quality of our service or business, the Websites and the Services, resolve technical problems, or improve security or develop other products and services.
- To comply with our Terms of Service
- To perform analytics for business purposes and business intelligence, such as monitoring traffic to our Websites, counting ad impressions, and auditing legal and regulatory compliance
- To maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Websites, products and Services, databases and other technology assets and our business, including preventing fraud, detecting security breaches and prosecuting violators
- To identify and repair errors in our Websites’ functionality
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, in which Personal Information we hold is among the assets transferred
- To comply with any applicable laws and regulations and respond to lawful requests; and/or
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your Personal Information and/or pursuant to your consent
0B. Disclosing Your Personal Information to Other Parties
We may disclose your Personal Information to other parties, including:
- Our affiliates
- Service providers
- Advertisers, advertising technology companies, analytics companies and other third parties with whom we have business relationships
- Government regulators
- Our legal advisors and parties involved in a legal process
- Third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your Personal Information in connection with products or Services we provide to you
In order to provide advertisements and content that are more relevant to you, we and our advertising and content providers may collect Personal Information when you use our Websites (such as the IP address of your device, the identifier on your mobile device, or cookies stored on your device), and may share the information we collect with third parties. Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies, but you can change your settings to notify you when a cookie is being set or updated, or to block cookies altogether. Please consult the “Help” section of your browser for more information (e.g., http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies). Users can manage the use of Flash technologies, including cookies, with the Flash management tools available at Adobe’s web site, see http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security/privacy_policy/. Please note that by blocking any or all cookies you may not have access to certain features or personalization available through Citizen Kerala Services.
4. DO WE USE “COOKIES”?
Yes. Cookies and similar technologies are small files that a website or its service provider transfers to a computer’s hard drive through a Web browser (if the user allows) that enables the website’s or service provider’s systems to recognize the user’s browser and capture and remember certain information.
5. THIRD PARTY LINKS
We use commercially reasonable procedures and various technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to help protect the confidentiality of your Personal Information. However, you should assume that no data transmitted over the Internet or stored or maintained by us or our third-party service providers can be 100% secure. Therefore, although we believe the measures implemented by us reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved, we do not promise or guarantee, and you should not expect, that your Personal Information or private communications will always remain private or secure. We do not guarantee that your Personal Information will not be misused by third parties. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security features.
7. ACCESSING, CORRECTING, OR DELETING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
As required by applicable laws, and subject to any permitted exceptions and limitations, we will comply with any verified consumer request you submit with respect to your Personal Information. Please send an email at [email protected]
8. AGGREGATE AND DE-IDENTIFIED INFORMATION
We may aggregate and/or de-identify any information collected through the Websites and Services so that such information can no longer be linked to you or your device (“Aggregate/De-Identified Information”). We may use Aggregate/De-Identified Information for any purpose, including without limitation for research and marketing purposes, and may also share such data with any third parties, including advertisers, promotional partners, and sponsors, in our discretion.
9. CHILDREN’S ON-LINE PRIVACY INFORMATION
11. CONTACT US
Email us at: [email protected]